Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?

From:
=?iso-8859-2?Q?B=C1RTH=C1ZI_Andr=E1s?=
Date:
Re: new mailing list: perl6-general?
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.61.0506141645450.25578@wish.hu
Hi,

>> Just wanted to say the same. All my questions starting as "How to..."
>> and "Is this..." are just to trivial to ask here :)
>>
>> - Fagzal
>>
>>> I would have some general Perl6 programming questions. Where should I
>>> ask them? It's not about language design, not about
>>> compiling/compilers and even not related to the internals.
>>>
>>> Bye,
>>>  Andras
>
> If you're IRC-able, then get on irc.freenode.net and join #perl6. People
> there are always happy to blather on about perl6 stuff that is related
> to pugs/perl6 development (including general perl6 programming
> questions).

I'm usually there (as Boogie), but I think there are topics, that can be
discussed better on IRC, and there are others that fit better to a
mailing list. So - as I like #perl6 very much -, I still think, that we
need a mailing list for "trivial" and general programming topics.

Topics both on the IRC channel and on the mailings lists are "high-level"
ones, and not for beginners. I think, a new mailing list would be good for
get some new members for the Perl 6 community, too, where they can ask
basic questions.

Bye,
   Andras