Re: using rules

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
Re: using rules
Message ID:
20050609173101.GA4769@pmichaud.com
On Sun, Jun 05, 2005 at 05:11:55PM +0200, BÁRTHÁZI András wrote:
> Thanks, it helped me!
>
> More questions. ;) It seems to me, that the following constructs not
> yet(?) implemented in Pugs. Is it true?

I'll note briefly here that questions regarding implementation (in Perl 6
or Pugs) generally belong on perl6-compiler, not on perl6-language.

> Built-in rules:
>
>   <sp>
>   <alpha>
>   etc.
>
> Rule modifiers (:i modifier after the name of the rule):
>
>   rule xxx :i {
>     anything
>   }
>
> It works well w/o ":i".

The rules engine is part of PGE (which Pugs incorporates), and
is not yet complete.  We'll be adding more features and built-in
assertions as time progresses.  At the moment I'm getting the
grammar class hierarchies ironed out so that I can then properly
add the built-ins.

Pm