Re: reduce metaoperator on an empty list

From:
Edward Cherlin
Date:
Re: reduce metaoperator on an empty list
Message ID:
200506082307.52597.cherlin@pacbell.net
On Wednesday 01 June 2005 17:18, Deborah Pickett wrote:
> You haven't convinced me, but rather than flog a dead horse,
> I'll just suggest that we both reserve the right to say "I
> told you so" when there are several years' worth of Perl 6
> code out there, and we see how common our respective examples
> are.

No need to wait. There is a ton of APL and J code to inspect.
Having predefined identity elements for reductions on empty
arrays is widely exploited.

--
Edward Cherlin
Generalist & activist--Linux, languages, literacy and more