return() in pointy blocks

From:
Ingo Blechschmidt
Date:
June 7, 2005 09:28
Subject:
return() in pointy blocks
Message ID:
loom.20050607T181425-823@post.gmane.org
Hi,

  sub foo (Code $code) {
    my $return_to_caller = -> $ret { return $ret };

    $code($return_to_caller);
    return 23;
  }

  sub bar (Code $return) { $return(42) }

  say foo &bar; # 42 or 23?

I think it should output 42, as the return() in the pointy
block $return_to_caller affects &foo, not the pointy block.
To leave a pointy block, one would have to use leave(), right?

--Ingo

--
Linux, the choice of a GNU | To understand recursion, you must first
generation on a dual AMD   | understand recursion.