Re: date and time formatting

From:
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?=22TSa_=28Thomas_Sandla=DF=29=22?=
Date:
Re: date and time formatting
Message ID:
429DD9E3.20207@orthogon.com
Sam Vilain wrote:
> I also don't like implicit normalisation to seconds
> underneath the hood when I'm doing basic date calculations, and
> the way that the "DateTime" base class is inherantly based on the
> Gregorian calendar.

I concur in this view. From a typing point of view there should
be some common base type that can handle cross-calender arithmetic
but as long as one stays in a homogenous subtype like Gregorian
in a particular time zone no generalization code should fire up.
--
TSa (Thomas SandlaƟ)