Re: reduce metaoperator on an empty list

From:
Michele Dondi
Date:
Re: reduce metaoperator on an empty list
Message ID:
Pine.LNX.4.62.0506011635060.1116@kirk.pcteor1.mi.infn.it
On Wed, 1 Jun 2005, Luke Palmer wrote:

>> I read that (mathematically) as "for all i, for all j such that j-i=1,
>> a_i<a_j", which is certainly satisfied by an empty list.
>
> Yep, it sure is.  Now tell Perl to read it that way for any operator.

Should _I_?!? ;-)

I wonder what a logic-oriented programming language a' la prolog would say
in this case. Now, Perl6 is supposed to support similar features too -
maybe the right(TM) answer could be along that way...

Michele
--
> primordinarily concerned with providing ...
Neat "word"!
- Donald Arseneau in comp.text.tex