Re: (1,(2,3),4)[2]

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: (1,(2,3),4)[2]
Message ID:
20050531224242.GD24474@wall.org
On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 07:07:02PM -0400, Uri Guttman wrote:
: the only advantage in the above case is the different prececences of =
: and <== which allows dropping of parens with the latter. i don't
: consider that so important a win as to be used often. and they are at
: equal huffman levels as the =() is matched in length by <==.

There's also the fact that <== can bind a lazy list, since we've said
(if I recall correctly) that <== actually does binding rather than
assignment, possibly even to the extent that

    my $b <== foo();

declares $b to be an iterator rather than an array ref.

Larry