Re: date and time formatting

From:
Patrick R. Michaud
Date:
Re: date and time formatting
Message ID:
20050531150934.GI30785@pmichaud.com
On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 09:23:11AM -0400, Nathan Gray wrote:
> As I am interested in human-readable dates and times, and having found
> no conclusive discussion on time formatting, I make my recommendation
> for a syntax (to start discussion, and allow for date formatting to be
> implemented in pugs):
>
> I would like for time() to return an object, which in numeric context is
> the number of seconds from the epoch (the new epoch, of course), and
> which in string context is a human-readable string.  We could also use
> localtime(), and leave time() alone.

Just a friendly note that since this is a language design issue
(as opposed to an implementation one) this thread likely belongs
only on perl6-language and not on perl6-compiler.  I'm just trying
to keep the traffic on the lists at a reasonable volume ... :-)

Followups to p6l, please, unless there's an obvious reason why they
need to be on p6c.

Pm