Re: comprehensive list of perl6 rule tokens

From:
Jonathan Scott Duff
Date:
Re: comprehensive list of perl6 rule tokens
Message ID:
20050525134424.GA1461@pobox.com
On Tue, May 24, 2005 at 11:24:50PM -0400, Jeff 'japhy' Pinyan wrote:
> I wish <!prop X> was allowed.  I don't see why <!...> has to be confined
> to zero-width assertions.

I don't either actually. One thing that occurred to me while responding
to your original email was that <!foo> might have slightly wrong
huffmanization.  Is zero-width the common case?  If not, we could use
character doubling for emphasis:  <!foo> consumes, while <!!foo> is
zero-width.

But that's just a random rambling on my part. I trust @Larry has put
wee more thought into it than I.  :-)

-Scott