Re: not 4,3,2,1,0;

From:
Juerd
Date:
Re: not 4,3,2,1,0;
Message ID:
20050517083606.GC18368@c4.convolution.nl
Larry Wall skribis 2005-05-17  1:24 (-0700):
> : How about is context(Item) versus is context(Slurpy). :)
> I've been kind of leaning towards Item lately for the Any type, but
> the other one could just be whatever we end up calling lazy lists,
> which is probably not Slurpy.

Well, slurping and steam rolling are different things. Even slurp() can
return a lazy list, and lazy lists don't mind going into a subroutine's
slurpy array. List flattening doesn't (shouldn't) require immediate
evaluation.

I see no reason to not call it Slurpy. If there is any reason to not
call it that, we also need new names for slurp() and slurpy parameters.

Juerd