Re: ./method

From:
Adam Kennedy
Date:
Re: ./method
Message ID:
20050515122647.8641.qmail@lists.develooper.com
Juerd wrote:
> A few days ago, when typing ./pugs,... You can guess the rest :)
>
> I suggest
>
>     ./method
>
> to mean $?SELF.method, and
>
>     ../method
>
> to mean $?SELF.SUPER::method, or however that's normally written.

I'm opinionless on the latter, since in my opinion cross-calling
supermethods (calling a supermethod other than the one you are currently
in) has been nothing but bad in my experience.

But it's definitely the best suggestion so far for implicit invocant method.

If this was apache.org, I'd +1 it happily.

Looking at various keyboard layouts however, the nordics among us (who
have / at shift-7) are probably not going to like it though :)

But US/UK/CJK are all to the right of the period, so it's a very
friendly combination in that regard.

Adam K

Adam