Re: ./method

From:
Fagyal Csongor
Date:
Re: ./method
Message ID:
42874AED.8000500@conceptonline.hu
I also like this notation.

However, as a side note, let me voice the opinion that the "bad
reputation" of Perl partially comes from the fact that it often looks
like line noise. I think everybody know this. Now there has been a lot
of discussion on finding different meanings for any two-character
combinations of ^/$.[]+-@%&~{}\ (I am sorry to say it that way). As a
Perl programmer I like this, but I am afraid that other programmers of
different languages ("...who will burn in Hell..." :-)), or newcommers
to Perl6 will have trouble even to pick up the basics. But again, this
is just a side note.

In this particular case, I like ./method because I don't like
$?SELF.method, which looks like my terminal is in UTF-8 and there is an
ISO-8859-2 character between $ and SELF :-))

- Cs.