Re: Closure/block/sub multiplier /// Win32 module for Perl6

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
April 20, 2005 12:27
Re: Closure/block/sub multiplier /// Win32 module for Perl6
Message ID:
20050420192727.GF766@wall.org
On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 02:15:20PM -0500, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
: On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:00:22PM -0700, Larry Wall wrote:
: > : Although admittedly, I only encountered this when playing with a
: > : non-readonly undef ;) (This is something I can recommend to anyone:
: > : redefining true, false and undef leads to very spectacular code, where
: > : anything's possible, and defined(undef) can be a true that stringifies
: > : as "false".)
: >
: > Perl 6 culture might feebly try to discourage the redefinition of truth.
:
: Hmm, and here I was thinking that the culture was rapidly evolving
: towards "There Is More Than One Way To Define It".  :-)

As long as it's still spelled TMTOWTDI.  Or I suppose we could always
recontextualize the meaning of "is" instead.  There is prior art...

Larry