Re: Win32 with ICU files build problem

From:
Matt Diephouse
Date:
April 12, 2005 11:24
Re: Win32 with ICU files build problem
Message ID:
198c8738050412112441abcbef@mail.gmail.com
Solinski, Mark <mark.solinski@sap.com> wrote:
> Following the instructions in README.Win32 (which has been successful
> for me in the past), no longer works successfully.  First, I cannot run
> Configure.pl successfully; it complains about --icudatadir not being
> defined (again not one of the --icu* options mentioned in README.Win32
> AND not necessary before).  Defining --icudatadir, I now get the
> following error during make:

Note that you sent this to the wrong list (perl6-internals is for
Parrot discussion, perl6-language is for discussion of Perl 6).

I just recently saw some of this on Linux as well. I didn't go as far
as to define --icudatadir, but I noticed that passing no icu options
causes Configure.pl to autodetect icu. You might give that a shot.

Please consider patching the documentation if what you find there doesn't work.

--
matt diephouse
http://matt.diephouse.com