Win32 with ICU files build problem

From:
Solinski, Mark
Date:
April 12, 2005 09:25
Subject:
Win32 with ICU files build problem
Message ID:
F378ACA1299DD3118BEC00508B6F347814A9CA7C@usphlx1b.phl.sap.corp
Following the instructions in README.Win32 (which has been successful
for me in the past), no longer works successfully.  First, I cannot run
Configure.pl successfully; it complains about --icudatadir not being
defined (again not one of the --icu* options mentioned in README.Win32
AND not necessary before).  Defining --icudatadir, I now get the
following error during make:

Src\string_primitives.c(24) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'unicode/ucnv.h': No such file or directory

I had defined --icuheaders in my call to Configure in whose directory
'unicode/ucnv.h' does exist.  Does this mean that Configure is ignoring
--icuheader or --icuheader is ignored in the build of the file above?

Has anyone successfully built Parrot on Win32 (MSVC 13.10.3077)
recently?

Mark Solinski