Re: Parameter and trait questions - just how 'only' _is_'read-only'?

From:
chromatic
Date:
Re: Parameter and trait questions - just how 'only' _is_'read-only'?
Message ID:
1112300737.21390.21.camel@localhost
On Thu, 2005-03-31 at 13:11 -0500, Aaron Sherman wrote:

I can't answer most of these well.  However...

> > One additional wrinkle is that *anyone* is allowed to declare a
> > class non-cooperative (open or non-final) during *any* part of the
> > compilation
>
> ... even after it is declared final?

I hope so.

> Will core types be finalized by default?

I hope not, but if so, I hope they include all of the behavior anyone
could ever possibly want from them so that no one will ever have to
decorate them to add that one little important missing feature.

Open-Closed is a great idea until the most natural and easiest way to do
something is to to redefine a little bit of the world.

-- c