Moving the p5 standard library to p6

From:
Andrew Savige
Date:
March 25, 2005 17:05
Subject:
Moving the p5 standard library to p6
Message ID:
20050326010506.69715.qmail@web50805.mail.yahoo.com
I noticed the Pugs folks have started porting File::Spec and
other modules to Pugs, which leads me to ask this question.
I've also taken a look at Rod Adams S29.

There a quite a few p5 standard libraries with crusty old user
interfaces that many folks dislike. Two that people often seem
to complain about are File::Find and File::Spec.

Ken Williams has proposed a cleaner alternative interface than
File::Spec, namely:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/Path-Class/

Two wrappers for File::Find I am aware of are:

http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-Find-Rule/
http://search.cpan.org/dist/File-Finder/

Please note that I am not an expert on any of this, I was just
wondering whether we are going to clean up the old p5 library
interfaces as part of the move to p6. Or must we support the
old p5 library interfaces for backwards compatibility?

/-\

http://au.movies.yahoo.com