Re: chr and ord

From:
Larry Wall
Date:
Re: chr and ord
Message ID:
20050321172425.GC27966@wall.org
On Sun, Mar 20, 2005 at 10:33:04PM -0600, Rod Adams wrote:
: I'm thinking C<chr> and C<ord> should be strictly Code Point level
: activities, but I'm not sure.

Alternately, since Num implies arbitrary precision, we *could* define
a value that can hold as many code points as you like, mod 2**32 or some
such.  But I'm not sure either.

: They likely need to be renamed, in any event, to better reflect the fact
: that everything is Unicode these days.

And to reflect the fact that Unicode is many things these days.

Larry