"The fate of reduce() in Python 3000"

From:
A. Pagaltzis
Date:
March 13, 2005 14:38
Subject:
"The fate of reduce() in Python 3000"
Message ID:
20050313224021.GA16519@klangraum
Hi all,

so Guido is talking about his reasoning behind dropping lambda,
reduce(), filter() and map() in the next generation of Python:

[Prime quote: "I think having the two choices side-by-side just
requires programmers to think about making a choice that's
irrelevant for their program; not having the choice streamlines
the thought process."]

But, philosophical point of view differences aside, I can't help
feeling there is *something* in his argument that might be worth
considering in the context of Perl6, which I can't quite put my
finger onto.

Regards,
--
#Aristotle
*AUTOLOAD=*_=sub{s/(.*)::(.*)/print$2,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;$1};