Re: Adding linear interpolation to an array

From:
Thomas Sandlaß
Date:
Re: Adding linear interpolation to an array
Message ID:
4231AFF2.7030809@orthogon.com
Doug McNutt wrote:

> A word of caution:
>
> Just as in  "vector operators" had their names changed to pacify the
 > mathematicians - thank you - there is a conflict in terms. Covariant and
 > contravariant tensors are the meat of Einstein's  formulation of relativity.
 > It all has to do with transformations being in the same direction or the
 > opposite direction as the coordinate differentials. Perhaps there is some
 > similarity.

Yes, that's what is meant by these two words. But of course the concrete
meaning depends on the subject area. The above is from tensor algebra.
Mine is from type theory.

> Einstein's presentation is a whole lot easier to understand than the one above.

Sorry, I make a second attempt in another reply.
--
TSa (Thomas Sandlaß)