Re: Junctions - feedback and desires

From:
Rod Adams
Date:
Re: Junctions - feedback and desires
Message ID:
4230D803.803@rodadams.net
Dave Whipp wrote:

> Rod Adams wrote:
>
>> I do not believe that you can create a 'lazy junction'. But I don't
>> recall the topic coming up before, so we'll have to wait for Damian
>> to come back unless someone else knows for certain.
>

> My understanding is that all lists are conceptually lazy.
> "any(2..Inf)" is perfectly valid.

The list being fed into the junction can be lazy. But I believe that the
list gets iterated over completely in the creation of the junction, so
C< any(2..Inf) > is valid, but melts your processor similar to C< sort
2..Inf >.

My impression has been that after the creation of a junction, the values
that junction has are set in stone. Allowing some form of lazy list to
add values at will seems a bit counter to me. But if @Cabal think it's
okay to have lazy junctions, I won't argue with them.

-- Rod Adams