RFC: general feedback on module port

From:
Darren Duncan
Date:
RFC: general feedback on module port
Message ID:
p06210201be55b0df9624@[192.168.1.102]
If any of you are willing, I would appreciate any general feedback on
my first complete module port to Perl 6, including test suite,
particularly if any parts don't look like proper Perl 6.

I haven't tried executing it yet, since Pugs lacks some features.
But it will be easier on them if what they try to execute is correct
in the first place.

I am referring to any file in the Pugs version control under this directory:
/modules/Locale-KeyedText

You can browse the whole Pugs source tree on the web here:
http://rt.openfoundry.org/Foundry/Project/Source/index.html/pugs/browse/

Alternately, the core module itself is visible here:
http://rt.openfoundry.org/Foundry/Project/Source/index.html/pugs/checkout/modules/Locale-KeyedText/lib/Locale/KeyedText.pm

I have already applied or considered everything said on this list in
answer to my questions.

On a side note, I also decided to apply one of Larry's style
preferences to all of my Perl 5 modules (and the above Perl 6
module), which is to not use parenthesis with 'return'.

I will start porting another module that is about 25 times larger in
a week or two; any feedback I get meanwhile may also aid that task
being done correctly.

Thanks to the rest of you who are working on driving Perl 6 in some
fashion; we're much better off for your contributions.

Have a good day. -- Darren Duncan