Re: How are types related to classes and roles?

From:
Thomas Sandlaß
Date:
Re: How are types related to classes and roles?
Message ID:
422C8C65.2050502@orthogon.com
HaloO,

another self-reply :)

I've added a little hack that classifies strings
into these areas 0 to 3 to illustrate my idea of
a type lattice on which composes the background
of the Perl 6 Type System. Pattern matching and
type systems are related but the question for
Perl 6 is: how exactly?

The topmost type Any has a very nice mnemonic: it's
the any-junction of all types that have no direct
supertype---their lub. Likewise there could be a None
that is the none-junction of all types that have no
subtype---their glb.

This means the Any actually depends on the loaded
program. If it only uses e.g. the unrelated types
A, B and C then Any is A|B|C. Likewise for programs
that implicitly handle strings and do numerics one
gets Any = Str|Num.

BTW, are Num and Int distinct or is there a
relation: Int is/does Num?

Regards,
--
TSa (Thomas Sandlaß)