[RELEASE] Parrot 0.1.2 "Phoenix" Released!

From:
Leopold Toetsch
Date:
March 6, 2005 08:05
Subject:
[RELEASE] Parrot 0.1.2 "Phoenix" Released!
Message ID:
422B2872.6090400@toetsch.at
On behalf of the Parrot team I'm proud to announce the release of
Parrot 0.1.2.

What is Parrot?

Parrot is a virtual machine aimed at running Perl6 and other dynamic
languages.

Parrot 0.1.2 contains a lot of new stuff:

- New string handling code. Strings now have charset and encoding
- Parts of a generational garbage collector
- Better Python support, separated into dynclasses
- Parrot Grammar Engine
- Improved test coverage and documentation
- and a lot more

After some pause you can grab it from
<http://www.cpan.org/authors/id/L/LT/LTOETSCH/parrot-0.1.2.tar.gz>.

As parrot is still in steady development we recommend that you
just get the latest and best from CVS by following the directions at
<http://dev.perl.org/cvs/>.

Turn your web browser towards <http://www.parrotcode.org/> for more
information about Parrot, get involved, and:

Have fun!
leo