develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Re: How are types related to classes and roles?

From:
Thomas Sandlaß
Date:
February 28, 2005 09:45
Re: How are types related to classes and roles?
Message ID:
422358C2.5080008@orthogon.com
HaloO Aaron,

you wrote:
> Um... I think you're thinking of operator overloading, which in Parrot
> actually does use the MMD facility under the hood, but MMD is nominally
> a separate facility. You should glance at the PDDs, as they have far
> more detail than I'm aware of.

You mean the ones in the docs/pdd directory of the Parrot CVS?
There's nothing about MMD.

What I mean is mails from Leo like these from December 2004:
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/perl.perl6.internals/msg/1579a27d9f695ebb
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/perl.perl6.internals/msg/de8a10bd920709a1

The opcodes for 'callmethod_MMD_3_sig "func"' and 'callmethod_MMD_n "func", n'
are simply not there yet, right? Neither are opcodes for making entries into
the dispatch tables/trees. Does Perl 6 actually need predicate dispatch?
After all we can specify closures and smart matches in the 'where' of multi
method parameter types!

Sorry, if this is the wrong list for discussing these Parrot details.
--
TSa (Thomas Sandlaß)