develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Re: scoping functions as list operators?

From:
Uri Guttman
Date:
February 24, 2005 22:26
Re: scoping functions as list operators?
Message ID:
x7ekf59mue.fsf@mail.sysarch.com

  RA> Stop misusing "y'all" before this Texan has to hurt you.
  RA> And y'all wonder why we hate you damn yankees. Can't even speak
  RA> properly up there.
  >>
  RA> :-)
  >>
  >> be glad your (losing) battle with damian was on email. between his VERY
  >> southern accent and yours ... :)

  PRM> Indeed, Damian might just say that the answer to this problem is
  PRM> to *again* use junctions, and eliminate the 'm' in C<my>, leaving:

  PRM>    y all($x, $y, $z) = 1..3;

  PRM> Sorry, couldn't help myself.  :-) :-) :-)

AAUUUUGGHHHH!!!!!!

but the () snuck back in and one of the goals is to remove
them. actually i like the () to mark a list context.

so would it be:

	y all $x, $y, $z <== 1..3;

and all() doesn't have ordering since it is set-like (hi rod! :), so how
do 1..3 get assigned?

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri@stemsystems.com  -------- http://www.stemsystems.com