develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Re: How are types related to classes and roles?

From:
Stéphane Payrard
Date:
February 24, 2005 19:26
Re: How are types related to classes and roles?
Message ID:
20050225032650.GA16855@cachan-2-82-67-232-89.fbx.proxad.net
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 09:42:30AM -0800, Larry Wall wrote:

> Anyway, I don't profess to have thought deeply about type inferencing.
> But I do know that I don't want to turn Perl 6 into ML just yet...
>
> Larry

Speaking of ML, it appears to me that Perl6 rules are a mechanism that
can act very much like ML variant pattern matching. What I fail to see
in Perl6 is the equivalent of ML variant constructors.
Perhaps, you don't want to turn Perl 6 into ML just yet. :)
But if it comes for almost free...

--
 stef