develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2005

Re: scoping functions as list operators?

From:
Stéphane Payrard
Date:
February 24, 2005 19:26
Re: scoping functions as list operators?
Message ID:
20050225032610.GD19484@cachan-2-82-67-232-89.fbx.proxad.net
On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 03:56:06AM +0100, Stéphane Payrard wrote:

> Giving scoping functions the status of list operators
> would allow to drop parentheses when not used in conjunction
> with initializer so one could write:
>
>   my $a, $b, $c;
>
> instead of
>
>   my ($a, $b, $c);

Too bad that in English there is no plural for my.
In French it would work fine

  mon $a;   # French for C<my>, singular

# C<mes> as a list operator
  mes $a, $b, $c;  # French for C<my>, plural

--
  stef