develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from May 2004

Predicting Operators

From:
Mark Lentczner
Date:
May 27, 2004 23:26
Subject:
Predicting Operators
Message ID:
F5C5FBB4-B06F-11D8-AF45-000393A56BB6@glyphic.com
Uri Guttman wrote:
> are you going to predict any new operators based on missing boxes as
> mendeleev did? :)

Funny you should ask!  It is clear that there is a missing "list
concatenate" operator, and that its spelling should be ~~.  Alas, that
is already taken by "smart match".  On the other hand, perhaps comma
fills this role - though I couldn't find my way through the discussion
on comma to know where it now stands.

I was going to predict a quasi-operator for an alternate form of
qw/.../, but seems I just missed the thread where «...» was introduced
for that purpose.  It will be corrected in the next version of the
chart.

	- Mark

Mark Lentczner
http://www.ozonehouse.com/mark/