develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from February 2004

Exegesis 7: :fill Option

From:
Smylers
Date:
February 28, 2004 06:17
Subject:
Exegesis 7: :fill Option
Message ID:
20040228141633.GA2582@stripey.com
The :fill option gets a brief mention on page 10, but I didn't spot it
anywhere else or being used in an example:

  There is also a general C<:fill> option that sets the default sequence
  for any filling that isn't otherwise specified.

That suggests there's a hierarchy of options like this:

  :fill
      :hfill
          :lfill
          :rfill
      :vfill
          :tfill
          :bfill

With the most-specific option applying being used on an edge.  But
horizontal and vertical filling is so different that I'm struggling to
think of what use C<:fill> could have.

Is my interpretation right?  And if so, has anybody got an example of
using it?

Smylers