develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from January 2004

Re: Archive tarball?

From:
Luke Palmer
Date:
January 8, 2004 06:49
Re: Archive tarball?
Message ID:
20040108144846.GA31320@babylonia.flatirons.org
michael.firestone writes:
> Is there somewhere I can get the entire perl6-language archive in a
> tarball?

I personally don't know, but there could be somewhere.

> I am trying to work on turning the Apocalypses into story cards at
> http://p6stories.kwiki.org.  It would be helpful to me if I could search
> the mailing list archives to make sure I incorporate any decisions made
> after each Apocalypse was written.  As there is no search engine at this
> moment ( that is not a whine or a complaint, merely a statement ), the next
> best thing for me would be a tarball I could grep.

Well, most of the decisions you'll find in the "official" documents: the
apocalypses, exegeses, and synopses.  perl6-language has a lot of
brainstorming, and a lot of Larry saying something interesting in the
form of "maybe ...", but those could hardly be considered decisions.

If worse comes to worst, you can always ask me.  I manage to keep the
largest amount of the language in my head with the most time available
to answer questions :-)

Oh, and thanks for the p6stories work.

Luke