develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from December 2003

Re: This week's summary

From:
Piers Cawley
Date:
December 21, 2003 14:29
Re: This week's summary
Message ID:
m2y8t56bz5.fsf@obelisk.bofh.org.uk
"A. Pagaltzis" <pagaltzis@gmx.de> writes:

> * The Perl 6 Summarizer <p6summarizer@bofh.org.uk> [2003-12-16 11:57]:
>>     bear in mind that the authors of the paper use the term
>>     'trait' for what we're calling a 'role' (We already have
>>     traits you see).
>>
>>     http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~black/publications/TR_CSE_02-012.pdf
>>     -- Traits paper
>
> I think it deserved mention that at least Larry has taken to
> capitalizing "Trait" when referring to the paper's idea of Traits
> that we call roles, and leaving "trait" lowercased when referring
> to traits of the Perl 6 fashion.

I'm reasonably sure that Larry hadn't actually mentioned this at the
point when I wrote the summary.

--
Beware the Perl 6 early morning joggers -- Allison Randal