develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from June 2003

Re: This week's summary

From:
David Storrs
Date:
Re: This week's summary
Message ID:
20030624080921.D4049@megazone.bigpanda.com
On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 04:04:29PM +0100, Andrew Wilson wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2003 at 07:58:32AM -0700, David Storrs wrote:
> > /me shows ignorance yet again.
> >
> > For those of us who are not hardware types...what is "the new
> > machine"?  The Itanium?  Does that really have enough market
>
> The machine they're talking about is parrot.  A virtual machine, but a
> machine none the less.  The "new machine" is the new calling conventions
> recently implemented.
>
> andrew

Ah.  Of course; I got confused by the x86 references and took them too
literally.  Thanks for setting me straight.

--Dks