develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from December 2001

Re: Perl 6's Exporter

From:
Nicholas Clark
Date:
December 24, 2001 05:41
Re: Perl 6's Exporter
Message ID:
20011224130421.A399@Bagpuss.unfortu.net
On Sun, Dec 23, 2001 at 01:58:32AM -0500, Michael G Schwern wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 22, 2001 at 09:20:08PM -0800, Brent Dax wrote:

> > I do think that we should get rid of '!symbol' and especially
> > '/regex/'; they seem like an unnecessary complication.
>
> Yeah, chuck 'em.  It would be interesting to see how often that's
> getting used.

I'd agree. But I'd expect that Exporter::NG's internals would be extensible
enough that it would be possible for Exporter::NG::KitchenSink to add that
functionality to Exporter::NG without having to re-implement anything of
Exporter::NG

[All hot air, no patch. oops]

Nicholas Clark