develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from October 2001

Re: NaN semantics

From:
raptor
Date:
October 10, 2001 09:21
Re: NaN semantics
Message ID:
003501c1519f$30ef65d0$0500a8c0@xxx
| So the imaginary numbers would be standard literals? Like
|
|     $x=2+10i;
|
| Great idea, as well as sqrt(-1) returning 1i istead of raising the
| exception. BTW, I was thinking once that numeral literals like 4k or 10G
| (meaning 4*2**10, 10*2**30) would be very nice. What do you think?

I like the idea ... this is one of the ways to suspend the calculations to
the last moment...
But one probelm comes to my mind, what the k,G etc mean
1000 or 1024
or k => 1000, K => 1024

Or probably the best way will be to have a hook so that we can specify what
is a Number and how it has to be calculated down to the real number...!!!

=====
iVAN
raptor@unacs.bg
=====