develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language | Postings from September 2000

Re: pack/unpack is damn unperlish. Explain them as Perl.

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
September 18, 2000 11:19
Re: pack/unpack is damn unperlish. Explain them as Perl.
Message ID:
14790.23573.249499.936366@prometheus.frii.com
Michael G Schwern writes:
> You can do it!  While it seems "food" and "supermarket" are critical
> to the understanding of a shopping-cart, they're really just
> incedental.  I'm saying the same thing about un/pack!
>
> If I grok'd the bastards, I'd write the explaination myself.

Please take this documentation and education discussion off the
language list.  We get enough traffic already without this.

Nat