develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.regex | Postings from January 2001

Re: Exposing regexp engine & compiled regexp's

From:
Damian Conway
Date:
January 9, 2001 19:03
Re: Exposing regexp engine & compiled regexp's
Message ID:
200101100303.OAA01054@indy05.csse.monash.edu.au
   > As Rick pointed out, there's no problem with overloading =~ for an
   > object, in the same way it's done with `eq', and one object's
   > function could return either an object or a closure (a sub
   > reference), so that a module could even hide the details of whether
   > it's using the object interface with the overloaded =~ or the new
   > behaviour of =~ with a sub lvalue.

Good point. I think at this stage we're violently agreeing with each other. ;-)

Damian