develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.regex | Postings from December 2000

Re: Perl 5's "non-greedy" matching can be TOO greedy!

From:
Nathan Torkington
Date:
December 15, 2000 13:08
Re: Perl 5's "non-greedy" matching can be TOO greedy!
Message ID:
14906.34694.466104.269200@prometheus.frii.com
Tom Christiansen writes:
> >We may have to "agree to disagree".
>
> I shan't be doing that.

I think you should, or at least agree to take it private and report
back to the list once you both come to a decision.  Once you've stated
your position twice, there's not really much point in saying it a
third time.  It's a sign that the discussion is turning on itself.

I'm glad this thread hasn't turned into a flamewar, but the stakes are
so low that I'm sure it could easily become one.  I'd like to make
sure that everyone, Deven, Tom, and the rest of the list, relax and
realize that it's just a programming language.

Nat