develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.regex | Postings from December 2000

Re: Perl 5's "non-greedy" matching can be TOO greedy!

From:
Jarkko Hietaniemi
Date:
December 15, 2000 12:01
Re: Perl 5's "non-greedy" matching can be TOO greedy!
Message ID:
20001215140135.B10621@chaos.wustl.edu
Please give it a rest.  I think everybody got it by now.  Everybody
understands how the current implementation works and what the
semantics are, and you disagree with the current semantics.  I think
that's the end of story since changing current default semantics is
simply not an option.  We can't break all the existing programs that
depend on the current stinginess semantics, period.  Now move on.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen