develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.objects | Postings from November 2001

Re: Stupid Newbie Question

From:
Dan Sugalski
Date:
November 8, 2001 16:27
Re: Stupid Newbie Question
Message ID:
5.1.0.14.2.20011108192628.022e2638@pop.sidhe.org
At 04:21 PM 11/8/2001 -0800, John Rudd wrote:
>So, does this mean my other heart's desire of operator overloading might
>be coming forth?  (I know, I know, here I am, a smalltalker, asking for
>operator overloading ... but, what are the smalltalkers gonna do, take
>away my membership card?)

What, you mean being able to override the + function for a variable,
complete with method dispatch depending on the types of the variables on
both sides of the +?

					Dan

                                      teddy bears get drunk