develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.objects | Postings from November 2001

Re: Stupid Newbie Question

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
November 8, 2001 16:11
Re: Stupid Newbie Question
Message ID:
20011108190908.D5587@blackrider
On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 03:56:59PM -0800, John Rudd wrote:
> So, I'm reading various things about lots of changes for perl6, and some
> arcane things going away, and stuff like that.. and I suddenly wondered
> if one of my favorite features of Perl Objects (the one that keeps me
> from migrating to tcl or python, cuz I can never find clear information
> about whether such an analog exists in those languages) is going away:
> AUTOLOAD.

Going away?  No way, it's SPREADING!  We might wind up with AUTOGLOB, too.

http://dev.perl.org/rfc/324.pod

Perl6 Quality Assurance     <perl-qa@perl.org>	     Kwalitee Is Job One
List context isn't dangerous.  Misquoting Gibson is dangerous.
	-- Ziggy