develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.mlc | Postings from August 2000

Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?

From:
JVromans
Date:
August 23, 2000 13:57
Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?
Message ID:
m24s4b66ia.fsf@phoenix.squirrel.nl
iain truskett <ict@eh.org> writes:

> > With SLC, discarding a line if it starts with a # (after optional
> > whitespace) is straightforward, fail safe, and fast.
>
> Almost. You can have # in other places on the line. It doesn't have to
> be at the start (with or without whitespace).

I was aiming at the case where SLC are used instead of MLC. In this
case, every line is commented out, hence the # will always be at the
line start.

   # This # part
   # is /* commented */
   # out completely
vs.
   /*
   This # part
   is /* commented */
   out completely
   */

For normal comments, your remark stands.

-- Johan