develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.mlc | Postings from August 2000

Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?

From:
JVromans
Date:
August 23, 2000 13:37
Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?
Message ID:
14755.64480.971378.779576@phoenix.squirrel.nl
[Quoting Michael Mathews, on August 23 2000, 11:45, in "Re: why not just use"]
> Really, why? I have yet to hear any C or Java programmers complain
> about the fact that you cannot nest /*...*/ comments.

In their official (published!) coding standards, Sun explicitly states
that one should use the // comments to comment out larger chunks of
code (sec. 5.1.4).
http://java.sun.com/docs/codeconv/html/CodeConventions.doc4.html

In my opinion, there is no need in Perl for multi-line comments at
all.

-- Johan