develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.mlc | Postings from August 2000

Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?

From:
Dave Storrs
Date:
August 23, 2000 07:59
Re: why not just use C /* ... */ ?
Message ID:
Pine.BSF.4.10.10008230755230.26061-100000@megazone23.bigpanda.com

On Tue, 22 Aug 2000, Michael Mathews wrote:

> Tom Christiansen said:
> > Because they don't nest.
>
> Nesting is a problem you don't really want to solve, in my opinion. The
> world gets real weird, real fast when you can nest and/or overlap comments.
> Not worth the trouble.

	I disagree...being able to nest comments is *very* important.
When I comment out a the last 572 lines of my program, I don't want to
have to remove every comment in there.

	I agree, however, that overlapping comments is a Bad Thing.

			Dave