develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.datetime | Postings from September 2000

Re: TAI and Unix epoch issues

From:
Nathan Wiger
Date:
September 24, 2000 15:46
Re: TAI and Unix epoch issues
Message ID:
39CE8248.957AE140@wiger.org
Russ Allbery wrote:

> Is Perl keeping UTC or TAI?  If we're standardizing on an epoch, we should
> also standardize on a clock; the difference is over ten seconds.

I think we should definitely maintain this in UTC, since this is how
UNIX works natively. If we're standardizing on the UNIX epoch we should
standardize on UTC clock as well.

I'm up to over 30 RFC's, so I don't have time to add this, but given the
low traffic on this list I think we can consider it "duly noted", if
that's ok with everyone.

-Nate