develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.datetime | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 99 (v3) Standardize ALL Perl platforms on UNIX epoch

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
September 17, 2000 09:02
Re: RFC 99 (v3) Standardize ALL Perl platforms on UNIX epoch
Message ID:
p05001905b5ea9af9b641@[192.168.0.77]
At 11:56 -0400 2000.09.17, Chris Nandor wrote:
>At 11:10 -0700 2000.09.16, Nathan Wiger wrote:
>>Now, one thing that should probably be explored is creating a time
>>object, similar to the date object specified in RFC 48. In fact, I'd
>>just assume "All Perl core functions should return objects", and hence
>>the reason I wrote RFC 73. ;-)
>
>And it would make me stop using Perl faster than your object method could
>be resolved.

Well, Perl 6, anyway ... :)

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/