develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.datetime | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 99 (v3) Standardize ALL Perl platforms on UNIX epoch

From:
Chris Nandor
Date:
September 13, 2000 13:17
Re: RFC 99 (v3) Standardize ALL Perl platforms on UNIX epoch
Message ID:
p05001908b5e59131b4b3@[192.168.0.77]
At 16:04 -0400 2000.09.13, Andy Dougherty wrote:
>> If we standardize on the Unix epoch (although possibly with 64 bits), this
>> won't be an issue for the overwhelming majority of users.
>
>Are you sure?  Won't this affect Windows as well as Mac users?  There are
>an awful lot of Windows users.

I don't think so; AFAIK, the epoch is the same in Windows as in Unix.

--
Chris Nandor                      pudge@pobox.com    http://pudge.net/
Open Source Development Network    pudge@osdn.com     http://osdn.com/