develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: Implementing RFC 272

From:
c.soeller
Date:
September 23, 2000 22:32
Re: Implementing RFC 272
Message ID:
m13d4o6-002IJwC@csnote.mph.auckland.ac.nz
Buddha Buck wrote:

> When I heard about transpose() (as well as reshape(), etc), I was
> concerned about the time it would take to execute these complex
> operations.  To wit, naively, I believed that a lot of data shuffling
> would be necessary.

If I understand your message correctly this is exactly what PDL, NumPY,
etc do right now and is also described in one of my messages I sent
yesterday (Re: RFC 272 (v1) Arrays: transpose()) about implementing
aliasing ;)

  Christian