develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 246 (v1) pack/unpack uncontrovercial enhancements

From:
Ilya Zakharevich
Date:
September 19, 2000 13:09
Re: RFC 246 (v1) pack/unpack uncontrovercial enhancements
Message ID:
20000919160844.A6394@monk.mps.ohio-state.edu
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 02:31:10PM -0400, Chaim Frenkel wrote:
> How about a Base64 to match with uuencode?

> PRL> This RFC proposes simple enhancements to templates of pack/unpack builtins.
> PRL> These enhancements do not change the spirit of how pack/unpack is used.
> PRL> The semantic is enhanced as much as possible under this constaint.
>
> PRL> Additional changes to pack/unpack are listed in other proposals.

I have no feeling on this: I never saw uuencoded string inside
some structure the "rest" of which can be handled by pack/unpack...

Ilya