develooper Front page | perl.perl6.language.data | Postings from September 2000

Re: RFC 246 (v1) - RFC 250 pack/unpack enhancements

From:
Michael G Schwern
Date:
September 18, 2000 11:58
Re: RFC 246 (v1) - RFC 250 pack/unpack enhancements
Message ID:
20000918145839.Q17371@athens.aocn.com
On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 11:32:39AM -0700, Glenn Linderman wrote:
> > Its just damn unperlish.  Perhaps that's in its nature, being that its
> > for converting data from things which are Perl, but we've got to be
> > able to do better.
> >

> RFC 142 may not be perfect, but it results in similar functionality
> as this set of RFCs, but creates a friendlier access interface.

RFC 142 may help out existing un/pack users, but does nothing to help
in the understanding of un/pack by native speakers of Perl.

I'm starting to think this is largely a documentation issue.

--

Michael G Schwern      http://www.pobox.com/~schwern/      schwern@pobox.com
Just Another Stupid Consultant                      Perl6 Kwalitee Ashuranse